COVID-19 Impact on Service
Before we dive in with an update, we want to extend a heartfelt thank you to our community of customers and family of employees. The kindness and understanding we are seeing online and in correspondence has been tremendous. We sincerely appreciate your support and patience during this unprecedented time.
Friday, March 20th, 7pm
IMPORTANT SERVICE CHANGE:
Please note: the new cut-off time for making changes to your delivery and service is now 11 a.m., 2 days prior to your next scheduled delivery day.
This change from 10 p.m. to 11 a.m, will give us more lead time to resolve issues with vendor delays and receive/pick up inventory from smaller artisans and businesses impacted by COVID-19 closures and challenges. It will also give our employees more flexibility and shift opportunities. We are making this change to better serve our customers and family of employees. The new cut-off will continue until further notice.
how to make changes:
Changes to your service can be made online from your Manage Services page. Changes to the items arriving in your delivery can be made when Customizing Your Box. Visit your Account Summary page for account and payment changes.
Again, we wish to thank everyone for their support and patience. We are considered an essential service, and we do not take this responsibility lightly. We extend sincere thanks to our family of employees for their commitment to bringing this food to your table.
Wednesday, March 18th, 10pm
As each day of COVID-19 progresses, we are all being impacted by unexpected closures and challenges.
Today, we announced the following changes that while difficult, will allow us to respond to supply issues in a timely manner and avoid cancelling impacted orders.
In addition to these general updates, we will continue to email customers with specific order status information as soon as available.*
- We are currently adding more delivery days and times to proactively maintain safety standards and stay ahead of supply issues.
- Effective March 23rd and until further notice, you may receive a new delivery day-of-week, including a Saturday or Sunday. Visit your Manage Services page to view your delivery calendar.
- In an effort to get you the items you need, you may receive a substitution for a comparable product.
- Our operational teams are strategically fulfilling orders before all changes can get to our communication teams. *As such our customer service team does not have real-time information on delivery status changes.
- For this week, please do not call for delivery status updates; we urge you to watch your email for the most current delivery information.
As a reminder, we respectfully ask all customers to consider their immediate needs when ordering and purchase accordingly so more individuals and families can find the products they need.
Thank you again for your support and understanding.
Tuesday, March 17th, 3pm
Here are a few answers to questions we are seeing online:
Are you still able to deliver?
- Yes, we are still making deliveries, including to those areas advised to shelter-in-place, per the guidance set for grocery and essential supply services.
- Effective today, March 17th — we anticipate the need to adjust some of our standard delivery schedules to better serve our members.
- In response to larger orders, delayed shipments from other businesses and increased safety and sanitation protocols, we will be adding more delivery days and routes. As such, some orders may be delayed. These changes, while difficult, will allow us to respond to supply issues in a timely manner and avoid cancelling impacted orders.
- Deliveries & Notifications: There are times when your order may arrive before we can notify you that changes are expected. Our delivery and logistics team are strategically fulfilling orders before all changes make their way to our communications team. Thank you for patience while we prioritize deliveries over messaging.
- If you are expecting a business delivery, and your office is closed or unable to receive a delivery during your usual delivery window, please use your account online to skip deliveries as needed.
Do you have enough supply?
- Our teams are working closely with our farm, partner farms, vendors and producers to keep fresh, organic produce and essential grocery items stocked.
- We are starting to see shipment delays and/or shorts from our partners. In response, we are reaching out to those who have been impacted by farmers market and business closures to see if we can get more of the items you need, while providing them a fair price and market for items they need to sell. Some of these relationships go back over 30 years, and we are happy to support each other in times of need.
- Please note that during this time, substitutions of comparable products may be made, as there could be a need to source perishable products from different producers. As always, if there is an issue with an item in your delivery, please email us and we’ll be happy to make it right.
- We are asking members to remember our greater community and not hoard produce and grocery items. We are working to mitigate extreme and fraudulent orders separately, but it causes an unfortunate delay for all.
What precautions are being taken for COVID-19?
- Please continue reading below regarding measures we are taking to ensure the safety of our family of employees and customers.
- For a limited time, please contact us via email for non-urgent matters. By reducing the number of phone calls, more of our employees can work from home, allowing us to increase our social distancing. Note: as we are currently experiencing a high volume of emails and voicemails, we ask that you avoid sending multiple emails on the same issue, as it slows our ability to respond.
- We will continue to update this page and social media as new information becomes available.
Update: Monday, March 9th, 10am
Our highest priority is, and always has been, to utilize industry-leading food safety practices for the well-being of our customers, our family of employees and the loved ones we care for each day. With the growing concern over the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to update you on our existing and ongoing food-safety protocols.
In conjunction with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we follow strict, third-party inspected and verified, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Given the importance of these practices at this time, we are increasing the frequency at which we train, inspect and verify that these standards are being met and exceeded.
Facility and Delivery Vehicle Sanitation
- Special use of hand washing and facility foot baths is always required prior to entering the food and packing facilities at the beginning of shifts and after any breaks.
- Additionally, employees are required to wear uniform food-safety smocks (professionally laundered after each shift) and hair nets. Face masks are available.
- Employees wear gloves while handling produce and farm boxes.
- As always, once folded shut after last item is packed, farm boxes are not reopened.
- Increased verification of food safety practices within our facilities and by our family of growers.
- Delivery boxes are not reused. Drivers will continue to pick up flattened farm boxes from customers who wish to leave them out for recycling.
- We provide sick leave benefits and monitor to ensure employees who are ill do not come to work.
- We ask our members to always wash their produce before eating as part of everyday good practices.
Our systematic and proper sanitation and cleaning procedures, Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP), is rigorously outlined and routinely followed in our company Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan. HACCP is a food safety monitoring system that is used to identify and control biological, chemical, and physical hazards within the storage, transportation, use, preparation, and sale of perishable goods. It also determines critical control points (CCP) in the process of food production.Third-Party Certifications
As part of our regular farm and facility food-safety systems, we are routinely audited and inspected by multiple third-party groups to verify that our systems meet PrimusGFS standards.Thank You!
Thank you for trusting our family farm with your food deliveries. We are proud of our food safety program and of the commitment of our employees to these policies.
The food you share at your table is the same food we share with our families. We get deliveries just like you do, and we relate to the reassurance of knowing where our food comes from and how it is handled.We wish everyone good health and wellness. Eat nutritious fruits and vegetables, take care to be well-rested and to protect those around you.