Tuesday, July 14th
First and foremost, we want to extend a heartfelt thank you to our community of customers and family of employees. We sincerely appreciate your support and patience during this unprecedented time. We understand that this uncertainty is unsettling, and your farm box deliveries are more important than ever.
At the beginning of this pandemic, despite our best efforts, as a family farm and delivery service, we simply didn't have the supply, staff and operational resources available to deliver our typical quality of service. For the times we fell short, please know we do not take it lightly and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.
In response, we've welcomed and trained new employees, expanded our facilities and boosted our customer service resources.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
We understand that during this time of uncertainty, not being able to easily reach us on the phone and waiting on an email response can be difficult. Please note: we will work through all messages to resolve any account issues or discrepancies you've reported. There may be delays, and we appreciate your patience. In the meantime, see below to take advantage of the self-service options available in your account online.
HOW TO PROVIDE ONLINE DELIVERY FEEDBACK
• Log in and visit your Account page.
• Scroll to view your Account History & Payments chart.
• Click the “view order” button on your most recent delivery.
• Select the "get help with this order" link.
• Choose your feedback option and click SUBMIT when complete.
HOW TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR SERVICE
Changes to your service and delivery schedule can be made online from your Manage Services page.
Changes to the items arriving in your delivery can be made when Customizing Your Box (your box will be available to customize beginning around noon on Thursdays, the week prior to your scheduled delivery.)
Visit your Account page to view and make changes to your account and payment information, view individual orders & credit summaries, transaction history and promotions.
IMPORTANT SERVICE CHANGES
Please note: the new cut-off time for making changes to your delivery and service is now 11 a.m., 2 days prior to your next scheduled delivery day.
We’ve made this change to better serve our customers and family of employees. It allows more flexibility and shift opportunities for our employees. The new cut-off will continue until further notice.
We have added more delivery days to proactively maintain safety standards and stay ahead of supply issues. Our operational teams are strategically fulfilling orders before all changes can get to our communication teams. As such, our customer service team may not have real-time information on delivery status changes. If delivery changes are anticipated, we will email customers with specific order status information as soon as it is available.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS ARE BEING TAKEN FOR COVID-19?
Our highest priority is, and always has been, to utilize industry-leading food safety practices for the well-being of our customers, our family of employees and the loved ones we care for each day.
In conjunction with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we follow strict, third-party inspected and verified, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
• Given the importance of these practices at this time, we have increased the frequency at which we train, inspect and verify that these standards are being met and exceeded.
• Special use of hand-washing and facility foot baths is always required prior to entering the food and packing facilities at the beginning of shifts and after any breaks.
• Employees are required to wear uniform food-safety smocks (professionally laundered after each shift), hair nets and face masks.
• As always, once folded shut after last item is packed, farm boxes are not reopened.
• Increased verification of food safety practices within our facilities and by our family of growers.
• Delivery boxes are not reused. Additionally, until further notice, your farm driver will not be collecting your used Farm Fresh To You boxes to be recycled. We ask that you please reuse or recycle your boxes at home during this time.
• We provide sick leave benefits and monitor to ensure employees who are ill do not come to work.
• While the CDC reports that the risk of getting COVID-19 from food or food packaging is very low, we ask our members to always wash their produce before eating as part of everyday good practices.
EMPLOYEE & PUBLIC SAFETY
The CDC recommends the use of a cloth face covering to help slow the spread of the virus. Per their recommendation, all our employees are required to wear face coverings when working onsite and out making deliveries. Our teams and partners were given resources on how to properly use, remove, and launder face masks.
FACILITY AND DELIVERY VEHICLE SANITATION
Our systematic and proper sanitation and cleaning procedures, Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP), is rigorously outlined and routinely followed in our company Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan. HACCP is a food safety monitoring system that is used to identify and control biological, chemical, and physical hazards within the storage, transportation, use, preparation, and sale of perishable goods. It also determines critical control points (CCP) in the process of food production.
As part of our regular farm and facility food-safety systems, we are routinely audited and inspected by multiple third-party certifiers to verify that our systems meet PrimusGFS standards.
Thank you for trusting our family farm with your food deliveries. We are proud of our food safety program and of the commitment of our employees to these policies.
The food you share at your table is the same food we share with our families. We get deliveries just like you do, and we relate to the reassurance of knowing where our food comes from and how it is handled.
We wish everyone good health and wellness. Eat nutritious fruits and vegetables, take care to be well-rested and to protect those around you.